If this is how you feel when you’re about to bite into your favourite sweet thing… the Hella Choux is for you:
But if this is the kinda moves your excitement manifests as…:
It’s the Fluffe Choux:
If you don’t do either of those moves… then you should really start. Live a little!
Ok, ok. So for you non shakers, I made a smaller version… which I call the Merm choux, because it’s scientifically proven, that within each of us, is a teeny, tiny, sugar loving mermaid. And this is what mermaids snack on, so I made mini ones.. for your inner merm.
- 200ml cold water
- 4 tsp sugar
- 85g butter
- 115g plain flour
- pinch salt
- 3 eggs
- 450 ml milk
- 4 egg yolks
- 75g sugar
- 40g corn starch or flour
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 40g butter
- 150g chopped dark chocolate
- Preheat the oven to 185 degrees and line a tray with greaseproof paper.
- Add the butter, water, salt, sugar into a pan on medium heat.
- Stir in the sieved flour until buttery dough forms and take off the heat.
- Now whisk in the egg until it's thoroughly stirred in
- Boil the milk and turn down low. Pour out into a bowl and now whisk in the egg yolks, sugar and vanilla.
- Add the corn starch.
- Slowly pour the hot milk into the egg mixture while whisking continuously.
- Pour it all back into the sauce pan and cook over medium low heat until it thickens for about 5-6 minutes, never stop stirring.
- Remove from heat, add the chocolate and butter, whisk until smooth and completely blended.
- Cover with cling film to prevent it from a skin forming, the plastic needs to be in contact with the cream.
- When it comes to room temp, refrigerate.