Ok, ok. So, maybe I’m going slightly overboard on the whole chick pea thing… but hear my out . Chick pea pizza is a darn sight quicker than that whole 27 hour process of making wheat pizza dough. All this rising and kneading makes me feel kinda starved.
Chick pea pizza may not be like your average dominos, BUT if you like that coarse, fluffy texture of corn bread. You’re going to love it.
Also – it’s still a pizza, that tastes delish… and isn’t a salad:
It takes about 30 minutes to make. My friend gabs loved it, and if she loves a good pizza (who doesn’t? Don’t trust them…)
Gluten-free Chickpea Flour Pizza with Harissa & Halloumi Recipe
For the base:
1.5 cups Chickpea flour
2 cups water
0.5 cup olive oil
generous pinch of salt
Harissa Paste or Ajvar Paste
- Preheat the oven to 190 degrees C
- In a bowl, mix together the chickpea flour, water, olive oil, salt and some fresh thyme
- Lay greaseproofpaper out on a baking tray
- Pour out your chickpea dough with a ladel onto the tray and spread with the bottom side of the ladel to your ideal pizza shape (I like ’em big and round), until even.
- Place in your preheated oven for 15 minutes until cooked through
- Spread your harissa or ajvar paste on the base and add the other toppings as you wish.
- Bake for another 15 minutes