Ah waffles… can’t live with them (you definitely can), can’t live without them (the truest thing ever). Now, sorry to be that person but you know how I sporadically (I genuinely learnt that word from Clueless) say I’m gluten free and then next thing you know i’m scooping an entire 2 person gluten-rich pie into my mouth. I love gluten. We all do. But I’m in another one of my less gluten phases but no waffles isn’t a thing for me, so here is a recipe that has that delicious consistency of cornbread in a waffle without the naughty carb-ness of corn or wheat flour.
Yep, it’s the artist chickpea flour, formerly known as gram flours. I added some turmeric and maple syrup to yoghurt because turmeric and gram flour are buddies… and maple syrup is maple syrup.
Gluten Free Chocolate Waffles Recipe
- 1 cup gram flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1.5 cup milk
- 2 tbsp cocoa powder
- Turmeric & Maple Syrup yoghurt (just add turmeric and maple syrup to yoghurt and stir)
- Baked Cherries
- Stir all the waffle ingredients together into a bowl
- Oil your waffle iron using a pastry brush and melted butter
- pour in the batter and cook until baked through
- Add the toppings as you wish.