Recently, I came accross an amaaaazing baking company called Silikomart. This is how I felt when I saw the amount of baking stuff they have:
They have sooo many amazing baking shapes, and I wanted to make a nice chocolate cake for easter, so I ordered their Charlotte cake mould. It’s beauts! I also wanted to make raspberry flavoured chocolate gems so I ordered their chocolate gem moulds.
Anyway, I bought a charlotte cake shaped cake silikon mould, and then I whipped up some of Martha Stewart’s classic, foolproof chocolate sponge cake. Her recipe is the shit. I have used it for years and the chocolate cake is always amazing. I made this chocolate frosting and then I added little triangles of chocolate bark.
How to make skinny chocolate bark
500g Dark Cooking Chocolate (choose whichever colour you’d like)
- Roughly chop your chocolate up and put it in a heatproof bowl
- Fill a pot with water and bring to the boil
- Place the bowl on top of the pot of bowling water
- Stir until it’s fully melted
- Pour out onto a sheet of grease proof paper and use a spatula to spread it evenly and fairly thinly on the paper. (If you’d like two toned chocolate bark, melt the opposite colour of chocolate and drizzle on top)
- Leave in the fridge over night
- The next morning, break up into little triangles.