Another short and sweet one. So, originallz I wanted to dip these in chocolate and then in powdered dried strawberries which I have been seeing around the interwebs. But of course no shop in Berlin has dried strawberries of that nature (*weeeeeeeps internally*). Oh Berlin, I love you… and your backwards ways. Wouldn’t have it any other way.
Once I have strawberries… I will be repeating this recipe with them… I thought the red would be soooo pretty and who doesnt like the idea of strawberry powder?
- 290g butter, room temp.
- 400g sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 460gl flour
- 160g cocoa powder
- 2 tsp baking powder
- pinch of salt
- 600g dark chocolate
- Cream together the butter, sugar, then add the eggs and vanilla.
- Blend in the cocoa and add baking powder, salt and blend well.
- Roughly chop 400g chocolate into chips.
- Add the flour into the creamed mixture and fold in the chocolate chips.
- Bake at 180°c for 10 minutes.
- Melt the remaining chocolate in a bain marie and dip each cookie in once it's cooled.
- Sprinkle on some dried coconut if you fancy!