I know it’s getting repetitive, but my mum’s cooking is off the chain. Here is her classic trout with ginger, spring onions, garlic, sesame oil & soy sauce. It’s soooo easy. Next time your friends even get close to saying that their as good a cook as you, just whip this out of the bag for a casual lunch.
- 1 trout, cleaned by fishmonger
- 4 spring onions, cleaned
- 2 cloves garlic
- sesame oil
- soy sauce
- half green chilli
- Preheat the oven to 190 degrees C
- Lay your trout in an over proof dish, and make 4 diagonal slits on each side of the trout.
- Rub salt and chilli onto both sides.
- Peel the garlic and the ginger using a teaspoon to scrape off the skin and crush in a pestle and mortar
- cut the ends off the spring onions and slice lengthways to make nice long strips
- slice the chilli
- Cover the fish in sesame oil and then 1.5 cups of soy sauce. Then add 1 cup water.
- now add the crushed ginger and garlic into the slits you created and the rest into the middle of the fish. Do the same with the spring onions and spoon some of the sauce on top to keep them nice and moist.
- Cover in foil (or cling film if you're going to microwave) and bake for 20-25 minutes (cook for 10 minutes in the microwave)
- Serve with steamed rice and some garlicky green beans!