I love cake. I think that’s pretty apparent.
I also like to be able to fit into my jeans. Maybe less apparent, but it’s kind of annoying when all the cakes one if baking and eating mean your love handles floweth over your jeans.
What’s also a bit annoying is when mirrors lie. I mean… I went to London for work with my pal and we both saw our asses in the mirror at the “hotel”. I say “hotel” because i’m sure it was some kind of parrallel universe where asses look way fatter then they are. That must have been it.
Anyway, so, for a brief period of a few weeks before I go to Brazil where I’m going to be wearing a bikini, I’ve put the whole cakes thang on pause. The part of my brain that controls my sugar intake isn’t at all enthused about this idea. Which is how this sweet potato, banana and coconut flour cake was born. I topped it with some yoghurt and berries.
Sugar Free Sweet Potato, Coconut & Banana cakes
- 2 sweet potatoes, mashed
- 1 banana, mashed
- 1 cup coconut flour
- plain yoghurt
- 1 vanilla pod
- strawberries & raspberries
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees C and line a baking tray with grease proof paper
- Mix your mashed sweet potato, banana and coconut flour in a bowl thoroughly
- Take a handful of the mixture and make into a patty, repeat until mixture finished
- Place side by side (but not touching) on your baking tray and bake for 25 mins
- Allow to chill slightly
- Meanwhile in a separate bowl, cut the vanilla pod and scrape the seeds into the yoghurt and mix
- Add a dollop ontop of each sweet potato cake
- Sprinkle on some berries
- dig in!