You probably remember my numerous rants about breakfast. My constant questioning of how anyone can realistically wake up to prepare breakfast rather than hitting the snooze button about 20 times. But… bircher muesli is the answer guys. You just prepare it the night before and then bleary eyed you can sprinkle on some nuts and fruit. SO HEALTHY, plus it’s deliciously sweet because I mashed up some bananas and added them in over night. No sugar, no dates and no honey in sight!!
And… as you know from the name of my blog – I am a real sweet tooth. So if it’s sweet enough for me, I’m pretty sure it’s sweet enough for everyone else.
Another reason why I’m hyper is because Haftbefehl released a new song and I only found out last night. My lovely flatmate knowing how obsessed I am played it to me. It’s a bit scary, but obviously it’s an amazing song. Check it out, it’s called CopKilla!
- 2 cups rolled oats
- 2 cups almond milk
- 2 mashed bananas
- 2 tbsp plain yoghurt
- 1 tbsp tahini paste
- 2 tbsp (heaped) cocoa powder
- nuts and grapefruit to garnish
- Add the oats, almond milk, bananas, yoghurt, tahini and cocoa powder into a bowl and mix thoroughly.
- Place in the fridge overnight
- Sprinkle on nuts and fresh grapefruit in the morning and FEAST!