Who has seen Man seeking Woman? It’s a series and funnily enough it is about a man on the search for the woman of his dreams. When you watch the first few minutes of the first episode you are convinced that it is set in the real world – but then there are all these amazingly hilarious surreal and outrageous additions which will make you cackle. If you need a laugh – WATCH THIS SHOW.
What else is new? I was having one of those days yesterday, where I felt super low for no reason. Then I realised it’s probably something to do with hormones. I listened to Kelis – Bounce and it made me feel a lot better. I think all I needed was a night in – I have been going out way too much and it has been amazing, but I needed a break. So, I stayed in and baked these raspberry & chocolate cake and it was just what I needed.
Also – my feedly is just exploding with beautiful recipes, so here are some I wanted to share. One of my favourite design blogs is Judith’s Joelix and I absolutely love when my favourite non-food bloggers do food posts – particularly when they are as appealing as this one. For all of those of you who love sweet things but are trying to cut down on sugar – here is a lovely sugar-free lemon meringue pie.
I haven’t posted about cupcakes in ages because I have been focusing on other types of baked goods – but do you remember my rose-frosting cupcakes? When I saw these beautiful flower cupcakes I was blown away – CHECK IT OUT!
Also – I love these photos from Cookie and Kate of a veggie thai green curry and these really cool Montreal style bagels – never seen them before, but I like that they are thinner than the average bagel, they remind me of Simits.
The absolute piece de resistance has to be this vegan no bake cheesecake from Call me Cupcake. She is amazing and I HAVE to make this.
- 2.5 cups spelt flour
- 0.25 cup caster sugar
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) cold butter, chopped
- 3/4 cup buttermilk
- 1 large egg yolk
- 1.5 cup fresh raspberries
- 1 cup dark chocolate, chopped
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees celcius and line a baking tray with baking paper.
- Mix together the flour, butter, sugar, baking powder, and salt - with a food mixer if possible.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together buttermilk and egg yolk and then pour into the flour mixture and mix until it forms a dough
- Pour the dough out onto a floured surface and pour the raspberries on top - then knead 2 - 3 times.
- Roll the dough to about 1 inch thick, and then use round cookie cutters to cut out. On top of each circular piece of dough add 2-3 pieces of chocolate.
- Place the scones on the baking tray a few inches apart and bake for about 15 minutes or until golden brown.
- Leave to cool on a wire rack.