Sorry for the lack of recipes of late – I have been working on some fun collaborations which have been taking up most of my time – but I will tell you more about them once they are live. I had a hectic week last week. It was my first week of work at the wonderful Spreadshirt, so there has been lots of training and meeting new people. Everyone has been amazeballs. So…. phewf. I ordered my first tshirt from them today… seriously excited to get it. Will let you all know what it’s like.
So this weekend I baked all this stuff – cranberry, orange and chocolate cookies , this pear, buckwheat and almond cake which was inspired by a photo I saw from my fave cafe Roamers which I talked about a while ago here. Not sure if theirs was apple or pear, but I went with pear.
Also – I wanted to post yesterday to wish everyone Happy Women’s day, but I was enjoying the sun and wonderful company of my ladies. But here are some great articles and pieces I have gathered about this extremely important day and it’s message:
- Some truly inspirational quotes from some truly awe inspiring women. My personal favourite is from Nawal El Saadawi:
They said, “You are a savage and dangerous woman. I am speaking the truth. And the truth is savage and dangerous”
- Check out comedian Richard Herring’s great response to haters on twitter. I think I love him.
- The Guardian points out the obvious truth to people who persist in thinking feminism is no longer necessary. #gogoguardian
- A list of anti-women laws across the world. It is unacceptable.
- This news anchor is a not taking shit for being a woman. #respect
- Explaining the issue of consent to people who think that lines are blurred
Have a good week ladies and gents!