Inspired by the new cook books I got for my birthday – Nourish and Deliciously Ella, as well as this delicious looking coconut millet from What Should I Eat for Breakfast today, I thought I would whip up this this oaty, quinoa-y coconut deliciousness, with a bit of matcha.
Speaking of matcha – what the hell is going on with those prices? Am I right? If anyone knows of where to buy cheap but good matcha in Berlin, please let me know and save me from the hell that is 14 euros for a teeny tiny tin.
- 0.5 cup quinoa
- 0.5 cup bulgur
- 1 cup oats
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 1 tsp matcha powder
- fruits of your choice
- honey to taste
- Boil 2 cups of water in a pot and pour in the quinoa and bulgur, boil for 12-15 minutes and drain
- add the milk and oats to a pot and stir over a medium heat until the oats and milk gets sticky
- In a new pot, boil the coconut milk until hot
- Spoon the quinoa, bulgur and oats between two bowls and then pour over the coconut milk.
- Add on chopped fruit of your choice, drizzle on some honey and some matcha powder.
Happy week people!