Happy weekend! Thank goodness for some relaxation. It’s been a long week, and one with very little direct sunlight, but today when I got up the sun was blazing in through my window and there was snow everywhere. I like snow when the sun is shining, it’s beauts.
As I mentioned in my last post I am on a healthy eating thing. So no more white flour for me. Instead I am using full corn spelt flour, ground almonds flour or buckwheat. For these delicious thyme and passion fruit waffles, I used spelt.
I sprinkled a LOT of honey on top, with a mix of yoghurt and marscarpone. So yum. I also used Soja milk, because my flatmate Isaac is lactose intolerant, but you can use the equivalent amount normal milk.
A lot of people think that using herbs like rosemary and thyme in sweet dishes is a bit odd.. but I think it’s lovely. Don’t knock it until you have tried it. These spelt waffles are a great way to start.
As so many of my favourite bloggers share their best find of the week on their blogs, I thought it was my turn – so here are some things I have seen and loved this week.
- Inspiring shapes for your home at Design Sponge
- Interview with Artists Johanna & Jatinder at Freunde von Freunden
- Interview with author of M is for Marrakesh about being a black woman in Rome
- All about eating parsnips at the Kitchn
- 3 easy everyday vinaigrettes at Blog over Thyme
- Shout out to my friends Gabriella & Minette who write tongue in cheek political satire at The Rolling Eye
- Earl gray homemade Granola by one of my favourite bloggers at What should I eat for breakfast today?
- Warm brussel sprout salad from Christelle is Flabbergasting
- For any coffee lovers – my dear friend Holly has just moved back to Canada to start a speciality coffee roastary. If you love coffee, sign up to their newsletter – this coffee is going to be quite something. Honestly, something great. Oiseau Coffee
- 1 cup spelt flour
- 1/2 cup ground almonds
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 cup of soja milk/normal milk
- 1 tsp baking flour
- 2 eggs
- 1 passion fruit (the inside seeds etc.)
- 2 sprigs of thyme (chopped)
- 1 tbsp marscarpone
- 1 tbsp plain yoghurt
- 1 tbsp passion fruit
- 1 tbsp honey
- icing sugar (to dust)
- 1. Whisk all the ingredients together
- 2. Use a waffle iron until golden brown
- 3. Mix together marscarpone and honey and spoon on top, ten spoon on passion fruit and honey.
- 4. Dust with icing sugar