cake recipes

Family Traits: Chocolate Digestives

April 11, 2014

chocolate digestives | Sugar Thumb

One of my earliest memories of my father is his love of digestive biscuits. He would always buy them over biscuits that I thought were exciting and delicious… like bourbons or custard creams. And I always found it crazy… they are made from spelt flour and he genuinely loves them. It’s especially weird because I definitely get my chocoholicism from him.. he often has drawers with chocolate bars in in his office.. which makes me smile when I see it. So when I saw that the wonderful Kathryn had teamed up with Food52 and baked chocolate digestives I just had to bake some as they make me think of my dear paps! And with a good layer of chocolate on top.. they truly are dreamy! I won’t duplicate the recipe – if you want to make the recipe you can find it here on food52.

chocolate digestives | Sugar Thumb

Happy weekend everyone! Hope you have a good one. It’s my blog’s first birthday this weekend so I am having a little partay in Berlin for the occasion – I will share these next week along with some recipes!

Additionally, my room makeover is taking shape.. It’s still nowhere near finished but I created this cute moodboard of thing that I like to look at and that inspire me. Solange and M.I.A are my beauty icons – they don’t really conform to all the normal conventions of beauty.. but they are hOOOOOTTTTTTT and awesome. Also.. I love cake.. who knew! More to come soon!

My room makeover | Sugar Thumb

Happy weekend bitchachos.

Trisha x

Email this to someoneShare on LinkedInPin on PinterestShare on TumblrTweet about this on TwitterShare on Facebook

You Might Also Like

10 Comments

• Reply film eel April 11, 2014 at 6:12 pm

M.I.A. really is THE BABE.

Happy blog birthday!! Are you heading out on a wild one or keeping it more nosh-based?

• Reply Trisha April 14, 2014 at 10:12 am

Thanks 🙂 more nosh based – I drank too much wine in the day so was early to bed!!! Such a grandma x

• Reply Joanne April 12, 2014 at 2:22 pm

the fact that these are chocolate smothered definitely makes them much more exciting!!

• Reply Trisha April 14, 2014 at 10:11 am

😉

• Reply Helen @ Scrummy Lane April 12, 2014 at 5:11 pm

Happy blog birthday from me, too! That’s a great milestone and I hope you enjoy your party. I remember reading about Kathryn’s choccy digestives …. aren’t they amazing? I used to love dipping them into my tea when I was a child. Erm … I still do, actually! Would love to try making my own some time. Thanks for the reminder!

• Reply Trisha April 14, 2014 at 10:11 am

haha me too.. dunking in tea is awesome x

• Reply Holly April 13, 2014 at 5:51 pm

HAPPY BLOG BIRTHDAY!!

Fab cookies and inspiring mood board!
    Love MIA too! and peonies are my fav flowers 😉

Xx.

• Reply Trisha April 14, 2014 at 10:11 am

Thaaaanks HOlly 🙂

• Reply Aimée / Wallflower Girl April 23, 2014 at 3:07 pm

Happy blogiversary! I’m also a weirdo who used to choose the digestives over other biscuits, except I’m even more of a weirdo because I went for just the plain ones without chocolate (despite loving chocolate) Never thought of making them before, but now I’m totally inspired to 🙂

• Reply Erika April 30, 2014 at 2:12 pm

Your photos are excellent and these look SO GOOD!!! I don’t remember the first time I was introduced to digestives, but I do remember thinking that they were the best things ever!!! So crunchy and flaky and delicious. Putting these on my must-try list! Your blog layout is ADORABLE!