Something that really reminds me of Christmas is oranges. I know it might not seem as important as mince pies, christmas pudding or mulled wine, but it reminds me of my stocking when I was younger. They always lay deep at the bottom underneath the presents… and I always ate them in about 4 minutes flat.
These are orange blossom, almond and dark chocolate muffins… to remind me of christmas.. but with a bit of a fresh bite.
Here is the recipe:
200g caster sugar
100g ground almonds (fine)
100g self raising flower
100g dark chocolate (chopped)
2 tsp orange blossom essence
1 tsp baking powder
- Preheat the oven to 170 degrees celcius
- Cream together the sugar and butter until fluffy and pale
- Mix in the eggs, one at a time until thoroughly mixed in
- Add in the orange blossom essence and mix in.
- Sieve the flour and baking powder in a bowl and slowly add to the wet mixture folding in gently until thoroughly mixed
- Then fold in the chocolate
- Line a muffin tin with muffin cases and fill each with cake mix until 2 thirds full
- Bake for 10-12 minutes or until a skewer comes out clean
- Decorate with glitter, icing sugar and oranges
EAT WARM.. they are amazing warm!