This is without a doubt one of the easiest and most warming autumn desserts I have ever made. I did it in my lunch break yesterday and it is simple sweet perfection. All you will need is a roll of puff pastry, some white and dark cooking chocolate and some bananas and one egg for browning.
It’s one of those things you want to eat as soon as you have got it out of the oven, it’s steamy as hell and those bananas, once baked, have a pudding-y silk-like texture.
Sorry about the lack of words in this post – I’m starved and am off to hunt for some kind of cheese to put on my crackers.
Here is the
Banana & Chocolate Strudel Recipe
1 roll of puff pastry
2 bananas (thinly sliced)
50g dark chocolate, chopped
50g white chocolate, chopped
- Preheat the oven to 180°C
- Roll out the puff pastry and layer evenly with banana and chocolate
- Roll the pastry (from the longer edge)
- Use egg along the edge of the rolled strudel and press down with fingers or a fork to secure
- Beat an egg and use a brush to brush on to the pastry
- Place on grease proof paper and in the preheated oven to bake for 15-20 mins (turn after about 10 minutes to allow both sides to get crispy)
- Remove from the oven and slice – eat with cream or ICE cream if you are feeling daring