Madeleines are a veritable french delight but I thought I would anglicize them a bit by adding some of the delicious bitter sweet orange marmalade that my mum bought me. I come from a family of marmalade makers & eaters.. although it has never been my personal first choice to spread on a slice of warm toast…it does taste fab in cakes. It gives that caramelized rich sweetness to these madeleines and makes them nice and crispy on the outside.
I am currently lying on my bed thinking about how far away monday still is… wooo… hooooooo! My nails are chipping, my hair is destroyed by over bleaching the ends to create an “ombre” effect and my skin is like an old prune. You know what that means… MAJOR PAMPERING SESSION. I have the face mask at the ready… so enjoy your sunday! And if you have a madeleine pan, give these a go. If you don’t you can just use cupcake cases
Here is the recipe:
100g plain flour
100g caster sugar
2 large eggs
3 1/2 tsp marmalade
1. Preheat the oven to 190°c. Grease the madeleine tray and set aside
2. Mix the butter and sugar together until light and fluffy
3. Beat the eggs in and then sift in the flour – fold in thoroughly
4. mix in the marmalade
5. Spoon the batter into the madeleine tray – and make sure there is no excess in the madeleine molds (they will rise and overflow, so better to have a bit less in each mold than too much)
6. Bake for about 10 minutes and leave to cool before removing from tray carefully.
7. Eat them and enjoy!