Funfetti Mini Bundt Cakes
Friday, 10 May 2013
Yesterday was a bank holiday in Berlin – which means BAKING! But it also means none of the damn shops are open… so improvisation was in order. I just bought this awesome mini bundt cake case (baking accessories are amazing…. I don’t care what anyone says!). As I didn’t really have anything exciting in, I thought.. why not try some funfetti prettiness. To be honest, these sprinkles are not my favourite – i would much rather there was pink or yellow than green and orange, but I guess I should have thought of that before I decided to drink a bottle of wine with my friend rather than going to the supermarket. My bad.
This is great for parties! Really easy to make – just take a simple vanilla cupcake recipe and add sprinkles. I would have liked the glaze to be whiter, but again… I didn’t have enough icing sugar. But I have adapted the recipe so that the glaze is whiter and more elegant. Here it is:
110g caster sugar
2 free-range eggs, lightly beaten
1 tsp vanilla extract
110g/4oz self-raising flour
1-2 tbsp milk
4 tbsp sprinkles
250g icing sugar
3-4 tablespoons milk
4 tbsp sprinkles
Mini Bundt cakes:
1. Preheat the oven to 175°C
2. Mix the butter and sugar together until light and fluffy
3. Add the eggs, vanilla extracts and milk
4. Sieve in the flour and fold in with a spoon
5. Add the sprinkles so they are evenly spread
6. Fill each bundt case 2 thirds of the way up & bake for 10-15 minutes, or until the sponge bounces back when pressed.
7. Remove from the oven and leave to cool.
1. Mix together the icing and milk until thoroughly combined
2. Once the cakes have fully cooled, pour the glaze over the top and sprinkle the sprinkles over the top
Hope you enjoy & Happy weekend!