Spring time makes me feel like I’m in (or should be) in Seville or something. My favourite combo has always been chocolate and orange – from jaffa cakes to Terry’s chocolate orange. So here is a bundt cake to match!
Here is the recipe:
Orange Bundt Cake
380g plain flour
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
75ml vegetable oil
3 large eggs
1 tbsp fresh orange zest
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
200 ml freshly squeezed orange juice
1 large sliced & peeled orange (keep peel to zest for decoration)
150g Dark cooking chocolate
- Preheat the oven to 175°C and grease your bundt cake tin
- Mix all the ingredients together (except the large orange) – until thoroughly combined and smooth
- Spoon half the cake mixture into the cake tin, then lay in the orange slices, then pour on the rest of the mix.
- Bake for 30 minutes – or until a skewer comes out clean
- Leave to cool
- Once cooled, remove cake from tin
- Melt some dark cooking chocolate and pour over the edges of the bundt cake.
- Grate the remaining orange zest over the top