Orange and Dark Chocolate Bundt Cake
Tuesday, 23 April 2013
Spring time makes me feel like I’m in (or should be) in Seville or something. My favourite combo has always been chocolate and orange – from jaffa cakes to Terry’s chocolate orange. So here is a bundt cake to match!
Here is the recipe:
Orange Bundt Cake
380g plain flour
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
75ml vegetable oil
3 large eggs
1 tbsp fresh orange zest
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
200 ml freshly squeezed orange juice
1 large sliced & peeled orange (keep peel to zest for decoration)
150g Dark cooking chocolate
- Preheat the oven to 175°C and grease your bundt cake tin
- Mix all the ingredients together (except the large orange) – until thoroughly combined and smooth
- Spoon half the cake mixture into the cake tin, then lay in the orange slices, then pour on the rest of the mix.
- Bake for 30 minutes – or until a skewer comes out clean
- Leave to cool
- Once cooled, remove cake from tin
- Melt some dark cooking chocolate and pour over the edges of the bundt cake.
- Grate the remaining orange zest over the top