If you like fruit over chocolate (SHOCK HORROR… really… I’m shocked), then here is one for you. My new obsession with bundt cakes is probably rooted in the fact that I live in Germany, which I (shamelessly) assume is the motherland of such cakes. They are soooo pretty and cool – or do you think otherwise?
A friend from Brazil, recently admitted to me that he “wasn’t that into chocolate cake” I almost did this:
But then I decided, judging wouldn’t help. Some people are just nuts…
Anyway, I thought I would do some non-chocolate related recipes… as much as it broke my heart. But it turns out, they can also be amaaaaaazing. Yes, you heard it here. Here is the recipe to this delicious blueberry bundt cake.
350g caster sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
450g plain flour
2 tbsp & 2 tsp baking powder
280ml sour cream
300 g fresh blueberries
icing sugar for decoration
a bundt cake mould
110g cream cheese
1 tbsp butter
150g icing sugar
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
1 tbsp milk
- Preheat the oven to 170°C
- Mix butter and sugar until creamy.
- Add the eggs
- Add the vanilla extract, flour and baking powder thoroughly mixing!
- Pour in the sour cream
- Gently stir in 250g of the blueberries by hand
- Pour the mixture into the greased bundt mould.
- Bake for 40 minutes, or until golden brown and the sponge bounces back when touched.
- Leave to cool slightly
- Turn onto a rack to cool completely
- Mix together all the ingredients until light and fluffy
- Once the cake is cooled, spoon onto bundt cake
- Add remaining 50 g blueberries on top
- Sieve some icing sugar over for decoration
And there you have it!